W is for... Wedding crashing.

My friends and I crashed a wedding this weekend. Socially awkward. At least, that's what I thought, but it actually wasn't! My friend Jack had an invite, which read:
'Samantha English and Nigel Stewart kindly request the prescence of Jack, friend and dancing shoes to join them in celebrating their wedding at an evening reception'
Which Jack read and took to mean 'bring a car full of people we dont know to our wedding please'.


So I say it wasn't socially awkward. It was, at first. We pulled into the field and parked up looking nervously at the marquee feeling like imposters. We thought initially that they were all still eating, so we waited in the car for a bit until it all got a bit too much for my friend Cat and Myself, who by then desperately needed a wee. So we went. And I must say, the portable toilets were an absolute delight! Here's some photos...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whilst in the darling toilets, Cat (luckily) bumped into a girl she knew who was playing in the band. She very helpfully informed us that no one was eating anymore and that it would be safe to make a sneaky entrance. Which we did, and I have to say, the marquee was amazing, with a fairy-light lit tarpaulin over the dance floor, which looked like stars (see below picture). It was in a lovely field in a beautiful village in between Cheltenham and Evesham.

I'm not proud of it, but I often have issues with wedding receptions; what I would have, what I wouldn't, choice of venue etc. I judge weddings. I am a terrible person. But this reception really was lovely, I even got a little emotional (now THAT was socially awkward).


It was an Irish wedding, and since Jack and Cat had been officially asked to bring their dancing shoes, it did not take them long to get into their roles (helped greatly by Guinness and wine at £7 a bottle). They did very kindly wait for the happy couple to have their first dance- we are very considerate people- before commencing with the shin-dig.

Photobucket

The first dance.

We managed to arrive in time for the hog roast as well, which was a special treat.





Outfits

Photobucket
Me (forgot my skirt, had to work the androgynous look).

Photobucket
Cat.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The lovely bride.

Photobucket
Brides shoes- Irregular choice.

Now, ironically, these shoes seem to NOT be the irregular choice for brides currently. I have come across quite a few brides rocking these shoes (different, irregular styles obviously). I really like that they're so different, and a bit of fun under your dress, but I'm not sure they'd be my choice (irregular or otherwise). Turns out I'm more traditional than first thought. But they really suited Sam, and she looked perfect.

Sam and Nigel were so welcoming to all of us, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them very much for their hospitality. And apologise to them for crashing, and more importantly, for how disgustingly drunk we all got...

L.

P.s. Apologies for the bad quality photos, they seem to have deteriorated in cyber space.