P is for... Plymouth.

I retreated to Devon this weekend for some much needed R&R. Rest and relaxation was the plan (which in my defence, was achieved the majority of the time), but i decided to meet my friend Elle for an early drink in Plymouth Friday night and UNFORTUNATELY it turned into quite the night out! Plymouth's just one if those places that seems to make me ridiculously unaware of my limits.


Our first mistake was meeting early. The timeframe for drinking was extended, and as it turns out, dangerous. Our second mistake was that it was the week before Fresher's Week (they'll try and make money from anything these days), and the amount of Freshers out was inconceivable. We could never have predicted what we were letting ourselves in for.

First stop was Air Bar, which was relatively non-eventful. Elle and I just caught up over a bottle of wine (and some straight gin). Our next stop was when things started kicking off: Cuba.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This is where it must have gotten too much for Elle!

These pictures don't go anywhere near capturing our experience, so I will quickly describe it for you. As well as the obvious scenes with people standing EVERYWHERE, none of the bar staff were wearing tops (male or female), halfway through service the female bar staff jumped up on to the bar for a spot of dancing; a girl stood close to us then jumped on the bar, continued to take her top off and was 'squirted' (for want of a better word) by the bar staff with water from their mixers pump. A lot of which went over Elle and I. We weren't impressed. Needless to say we didn't stay long in 'Ply-biza'. It was a scene straight out of Coyote Ugly. Crazy!

I borrowed a cardigan from my Mum's wardrobe for the evening (I was never going to fit in). I really like it, it's just from Tesco, but the monochrome print is really cool:

Photobucket


Elle was sporting this REALLY cool ring from TopShop, I absolutely love it:

Photobucket


Definitely going to get me one of those, you know, for when I'm being 'ard.

Anyway, after the Cuba debauchery, we went to Skiving Scholar for a drink, Jack Cham's to meet Elle's brother and take a toilet stop, before ending up in White Rabbit where we bought some drinks, realised we (I) were too drunk, proceeded to pour our drinks down the toilet and left to get a 24hr breakfast from Goodbody's. This was pretty much a standard night for us when we were doing our A Levels, so we totally regressed.

This charming photo was taken in Goodbody's (sorry vegans):

Photobucket


We ordered two breakfasts, extra hash browns and two pints of milk; consumed approximately 25% of everything before getting a taxi home! Sweet.

Obviously Saturday was a total write-off. I ate a lot and did some washing etc. But that's why I went down (to relax- not do washing). So mission was achieved. And yesterday I made the most of my parents being away and used their kitchen to bake all day! Which was amazing.

You should all check out Elle's blog here.

L.