W is for.... Wrong.

Trailing the Internet as I tend to do when I'm inbetween books and the television isn't quite enough to get me interested, I was unfortunate enough last night to stumble across this website: http://www.jours-apres-lunes.com.

Now when I started this blog, it was with the aim of keeping it lighthearted; an easy read. I am however pretty shocked by this website and felt the need to share. Here's why...


For me, there are a two words which, amongst others, should not go together. These two words are 'children' and 'lingerie'. It's just not right. And yet there I was, last night, on a website of a child's lingerie range. Oh wait, sorry 'Loungerie': a cross between loungewear and lingerie for 4 to 12 year olds.

The images are what I found most difficult to stomach...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think that last one is possibly the worst. That model is 12 years old, holding a teddy bear with an all-too-adult facial expression. And note the amount of make up on the girls. It's no wonder there has been a backlash about the brand, which has resulted in them removing all details from their site, apart from pictures of the collections.

The brand is the brain child of French fashion brand Jours Après Lunes and designer Sophie Morin who states, “All I wanted to do was offer underwear that is soft and pleasant to wear... that is suited [to] their age, and that wasn’t an extension of women’s labels, which are often vulgar,”. Sinister is the word I would use to describe it.

The ever-growing sexualisation of children in the media is very worrying. If we haven't got Primark and Ambercrombie stocking padded bras and bikinis for children, then we have Miley Cyrus pole dancing at the age of 16 on stage in a pair of hot pants. I think both the fashion industry and the music industry have a lot to answer for. I mean, have you seen any of Gaga's videos!? Seriously. When and if I have children, we are all going to become Mormons.

L.