A is for... Alternative Accessories.

With Halloween just around the corner, I have been getting in the mood by checking out some alternative accessories that have caught my eye of late. It would seem that everyone's jumping on the 'rock chick' bandwagon, and with some of the great designers taking the lead (as always), I might be next to get up there on that cart. It all started with this:


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The Links of London bracelet I am not sure I want to live without.

It sparked a memory of a few Vivienne Westwood items that I lusted after in my more 'alternative' phase. I took the time to check out the new collection and was not disappointed:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And of course, this wouldn't be a blog post about alternative accessories without mentioning Alexander McQueen:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The knuckle duster clutch bags that McQueen pioneered have been replicated (admirably) by Religion, who have produced similar bags such as this one:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I have been pleasantly surprised with the 'rock' jewellery trend this season, and am quite excited about it. I think it gives a new way of adding an edgier twist on last winter's party dresses. With the party season nearly upon us, it's time to start jazzing up new looks, and I think for me, this is the way forward. I have been very happy to be able to start sporting my leather jacket again since the weather got colder, and it makes me feel so very cool that I might start introducing a little more rock into my jewellery wrap also.

Here's some more things I have come across:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Feather ear cuff: Urban Outfitters

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Skull spine ear wrap: Regal Rose (can't wait for those hair rings either!)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ribcage cuff: Regal Rose (no need for piercing)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Vampire necklace: Me and Zena (stocked at inlovewithfashion.com- one of our brands)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Vampire ring: Me and Zena inlovewithfasion.com
And a relatively new crazy to me (which I'm not quite ready to jump on the wagon of) is the comeback of the tempory tattoo! I mean, everyone thought Chanel had had a bit of a 'moment' when their collection was brought out, but as you can see, we have some new copycat designs by company Inkwear...

Chanel:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Inkwear:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
This is something I might have to dabble in from the privacy of my bedroom (just to see if I like it). I just can't shake those God-awful memories of jazzy belly button tempory tattoos that were 'in' when I was approximately 11. I am not sure that I'm sold on this one. But I'll try anything once.

To be fair, I think I might be getting a bit carried away with all this crazy edginess! But I guess I'm regressing. It makes me feel 'cool' again. Might start going back to gigs instead of concerts, and using the word 'rad' more. Might even de-rust my skateboard. Too far?

Probably.

L.