B is for... Benners: Episode 3.

Over to Benners again for you today folks; which is a massive Godsend, as I have dislocated my shoulder and typing has become somewhat inconvenient...

Enjoy! It's a good one! :D...

EP3 'The Bad Burrito and My Introduction to Moral Dilemmas.'

The flight from Vancouver to Mexico was a relatively straightforward affair, if you don't include the fact I got delayed at Houston Airport for ten hours. I can think of worse airports to be stranded at, mainly because during the course of this trip I've been stranded at worse airports. Houston on the other hand, had plenty of bars and eateries and I was hungry and I love booze, so overall it could have been worse. Plus a girl I know sent me a picture of her vagina, so that was nice. Also the delay I faced meant I got to bump myself up to Business Class for about $40 and was able to sit out the remaining three hours of the journey in relative bliss, drinking wine and pondering my tactics for the next couple weeks. My ponderings however didn't mean I failed to notice the businessman sat next to me, looking over thinking “What the fuck is he doing here?” constantly, and I'm pleased to inform, I took great pleasure from it.


I arrived in Cancun, customs was very pleasant compared to the more 'you are a worthless piece of shit' approach they adopt just across the northern border. I shared a cab back to the hotel I was to be based in for the next fortnight with a lady from Texas called Ruth, a classy looking 50yr old... it was here I first thought to myself “I think I've chosen the wrong hotel...” And that is pretty much going to be the theme of this particular piece of writing: my bad decisions. My first week in Cancun was, shall we say – NOT as I had expected...

Now don't get me wrong, The Cancun Iberostar, which was recently purchased from Hilton, was a tremendous hotel in many ways; it was comfortable, elegant, classy, respectful and numerous other adjectives, none of which you would associate with someone like me. I had been warned NOT to stay in an all-inclusive by friends and family alike, but I think in retrospect I wanted to relax a fair bit before I arrived at my next destination and started work. So it made sense for me (at least when booking the trip) to just eat and drink and laze about as and when I saw fit. And if you like eating, drinking and lazing about in luxury then this is the hotel for you. Personally I was bored of it after the first couple days. Obviously travelling alone means I have to meet people or risk becoming socially inept... or at least, face up to my social ineptness, and if you know me well then you'll know I don't have much to say to anybody unless I'm twatted...

READ MORE