C is for... Center Parcs!

This weekend saw our family trip to Center Parcs for Mum's Birthday. Mum, Dad, my sisters, their boyfriends, and I all went, and we stayed in a lovely executive lodge, complete with our own sauna...! Phone signal was dire, but luckily we got onto the wifi and everything was fine ;). Multimedia Medlin did not have a breakdown (thank goodness). I almost did though- as I managed to get to Center Parcs fine, all on my own (nothing to do with that Sat Nav that was on in my car), however, navigating my way to our lodge whilst in the actual 'Parcs' was ridiculous!! It took me approximately 35 minutes and I passed these two boys four times, and by the fourth time, they were actually laughing in my face. 'Oh good', I thought to myself.


They really need to work on their maps (all I will say, is that it definitely didn't have anything to do with my lack of signpost acknowledgment. Definitely not).

Anyway, without too much narrative, here are a few photos from our weekend:

General Scenery:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Chilling out in the lodge:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Daytime activities:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Neocube- have any of you played with one of these?! So cool!:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


These following photos are just because they're funny- with a family that consists of four girls, taking one simple photo of all of us is just a nightmare. One of us always look awful (sorry, girls)- I hope it's not just us?:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


What a waste of our time.

Anyway, what you can't see from the pictures is that on Saturday night we did a Come Dine with Me evening, whereby each of us sisters drew a course out of the hat and had to serve that course on the evening. Sammi did nibbles (olives etc) and Prosecco, followed by goats cheese and caramelised red onion tart, I did individual fish pies with asparagus and broccoli for the main course, and Sophie made some amazing monkey bread and fresh fruit for dessert. It was really fun! And then we all stayed up and drank red wine and port until we were unable to articulate a conversation.

Another thing that you won't be able to tell from the photos (for obvious reasons) is that we did a LOT of swimming. If you haven't been to Center Parcs before, you HAVE to go- just so that you can say you've conquered the rapids. One of the best things I have ever done.

What you WILL be able to tell from the photos however, is that it was snowing when we woke up today! I was gutted. Not a snow fan- it's cold and dangerous; my least favourite combination. So I was a little apprehensive about getting back to Celtenham today- but all was fine, no snow here. Hopefully, with any luck, it will stay that way.

Just a quick post tonight, as I'm actually writing another one which I was going to post on Friday but didn't have time. It's one that's slightly different to any post I have written before, but hopefully you'll like it... no promises. Should, with any luck, finish and post it tomorrow evening.

Hope you've all had lovely weekends too!


L.