R is for... Reiss SS12

FINALLY had a chance to look through the Reiss SS12 look book I was sent through last night! I checked out my friend Butter's post, as she was well in there with getting her blog-on, and was really impressed. Click here to see her post. LOVE Reiss. They've nailed another great collection.


Now, quoting their press release, they have taken inspiration from the 'clean lines' of past Calvin Klein campaigns, and the 'sex appeal and cut' of vintage Jean Paul Gautier. This is evident; however, I think, in a more understated way. Personally, whilst viewing the collection, I didn't really dwell that much on past inspiration because I actually found it quite new and refreshing. There are obvious era influences- early 90's and some '40s Pool Side', but with the introduction of drop-waists, new length layers and chunky knits (for S/S!?)- I like that they're breaking the moulds of previous seasons.

I'm not sure if everyone will jump straight on to the bandwagon of drop-waist styles- I mean, are you ready to give up your flattering high-waist look just yet? You've only just figured out the right height to wear your waist belt, right?- but I like it. The longer length layers are wearable and practical. It'll be hard I think, though, getting the right layer length for your height. But I reckon it could be flattering. For tall people. Good luck with that.

One thing I can say though, is the look book contains ZERO nautical stripes!! IT'S A MIRACLE! Replacing the nautical look that hasn't left the shelves for the past seven years are soft prints, pastel palets and monochrome statement designs. Yes Reiss, I agree, it is time that we all grew up a bit (and that's coming from a girl who grew up in Plymouth and hangs out in Salcombe!). Take a look at my picks...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
LOVE THIS!

Introudcing the drop-waist...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
AMAZING

Photobucket
Early Kate Moss Glam Grunge style- pretty cool (leather)

And finally, for my absolute favourtie:

Photobucket


Anyway, after speaking to the lovely Giedre at Reiss, she's promised to send me over some videos for you guys to have a look at. We're all expecting the LA campaigns as well, so I'm looking forward to recieving those.

The collection is released on Friday, so might give you something to spend your January pay on? New year wardrobe clear-out and all that...

L.