V is for... Versace for H&M Round 2

So Versace is back for H&M with their new 'Cruise Collection', which will be released on the 19th of this month: a collection of items that are sure to be the 'thing to be seen in' for Spring/Summer 2012 (if you care for that kind of thing). That is, if you're lucky to get your hands on them- the last collection to be released (see previous blog post) sold out in under 30 minutes in store and crashed H&M's website for an embarrassingly extended period; which actually, didn't come as a shock to anyone. I think these pictures sum-up the die-hard Versace fans, who queued for a ridiculous 24 hours to get their hands on the pieces:


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


The pandemonium surrounding the release of these items is alien to me. I kind of think, 'who cares!?' But then I'm a little hungover today and a bit grouchy, so you'll have to be patient with me.

Anyway, the new collection is a bit more 'fun' than the last. I preferred their previous collection, the leather will always win for me- but then, this collection is a whole different ball game, as it's more casual beach-chic. Have a look:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Dress £39.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Negligee £34.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Trousers £39.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Tee £19.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Shorts £24.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Pumps £39.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Earrings £19.99

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Earrings £19.99


I really like the earrings. Also, is it me or have the price points dropped? Probably because of the lack of leather (I miss the leather).

To see the full collection and menswear, best check out Vogue. I'm not sure about the cutesy cake and fruit patterns, but then I've always been more of a fan of looking feminine rather than 'girly', it's fun though I guess, and summery. There's some bikinis in the mix too, but I didn't really rate them that much- I will let you make your own mind up about those.

In my previous blog post on their first collaboration, I touched on the controversial opinion that Versace have sold out by making their designs so easily accessible to the 'commoners'. I'm still of the opinion that this is fashion snobbery, and not the case- but perhaps more so, with this collection, because I don't find it all that chic. I don't actually rate it that much and am not tempted to invest. It feels to me like Versace are humouring the public with this collection, as it's way more high street than their last; it doesn't feel as special. I don't know, maybe that's just my hangover talking again. But if I didn't know it was Versace for H&M, I might have mistaken it for a Dorothy Perkins basics range.

Anyway, grouchiness over and onto something that I couldn't leave out whilst we're on the subject of H&M collaborations....

David Beckham's underwear collection will go on sale at H&M from the 2nd of February:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


You're welcome.

Finally, I'm going to start including QR codes at the bottom of my blog posts with things that I've found that don't really warrant a whole post. Heres the first one, enjoy:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


L.