P is for... Pearl necklace!?

A little bit shocked to come across THESE statement jewellery pieces this afternoon (sorry Mum)!


Photobucket


Photobucket
In case you're not a dirt bag and didn't recognise what these are meant to depict, here is the artist's description: "Pearl Necklace is a seemingly amorphous cast silver shape on a chain that is actually an accurate representation of semen. It is a visual marker of chaos turned perfection through an act of beauty and lust. Pearl Necklace is a physical reminder of a fleeting moment of pleasure."

The designer in question is Leah Piepgras and if you would like to pay $420 for this crude piece to drape (why does drape even sound dirty!?) around your neck, you can get it from here.

Is it just me or did Piepgras miss a trick by not creating this from some pearlescent type material?

Piepgras is actually very talented and I would strongly urge you to check out some of the paintings and drawings on the site. Although most are a little sinister (which may be what caught my eye), the talent is evident- and there are no other disgusting ejaculation references that I could find.

I do like it when jewellery designers get a little edgy. I walked around with a teapot and a skull around my neck for a good few years. And now we're even seein rings made from scrabble pieces. But this? Too far?

Genius or gross, you decide.

L.