R is for... Rugby.

So we lost the rugby, much to the delight of my new friends, The Welsh. I had an excellent time though- Millennium Stadium is rad and the atmosphere was incredible. It wasn't the most exciting game to watch, but I loved it. Unfortunately I was a bit of a douche and forgot the memory card for my camera, so i could only take photos on my phone, which sucked a bit. But I've got a few, you'll just have to excuse the quality...

The stadium holds 74,500 people. The crowds were crazy in Cardiff's centre- highlighted by the significant lack of police prescence (but maybe that's just a theme this week!?).


We obviously drank a few pints of Guinness, but I was somewhat undecided with my drinks selection- I ended up ordering 2 pints of Guinness, a Pimms and a pint of coke. But that was ok, it kept me going. It was outside of the stadium though, that I found my real drink of choice- Brains Black. It's sort of a cross between Guinness and ale- highly recommended.(Needless to say I went home early.)

Here's a picture of me with my Guinness...



(Nice nail varnish.)

I'm not going to do an outfit post for yesterday as my outfit really was not worth blogging about. I wore jeans and a jumper- it's a look I like to call Rugby-Chic.  I did however take the opportunity whilst in a new city to perv on the girls and check out their outfits. I managed to take this somewhat voyeuristic photo of one of my favourites....


I really like this look, her dress is really cool- a little too 1950's pin-up for my style (I'm trying really hard to like spots!!), but I think it definitely worked for her. It was her bag that I completely fell for though- massive bag envy.

I've picked up a new word as well- Tamping (pronounced- Tampin'). First introduced to me by a Welsh colleague, it means angry apparently. I.e. 'I was absolutely tampin''. In any case, I wasn't really sure it would catch on, but it totally did for me yesterday. I was very pleased with myself for using it at every available opportunity.

Summary: excellent day.

L.